Wednesday, September 30, 2015

List of Writing and Analysis p.23

List:

  • Typing In-game
  • Blog posts
  • Filling out Forms
  • Texting
  • Emails
  • Skyping
  • Searching in Google
The three divergent genres I've listed above are, typing in-game, emails and blog posts because of the range of formality between these three. First in-game was usually, me to a friend, the genre for this is, similar to texting, generally the grammar I'd use is the same. the tone is usually casual. My audience for this was usually casual. Usually the purpose was to trade information among people, inform or ask.
My second was emails, I believe these to be in between my first and last picks in terms of formality. Emails are usually sent to a range of people, for me they'd be sent to teachers or my parents thus implying they'd be more formal then typing to another person in-game. The tone is usually more casual than a formal paper but less casual than texting or typing in-game. The purpose is usually to ask for help or ask for something, or it's to inform others of events.
My third genre was blog posts because for me, they are the most formal out of all the writing I've done in the past week. Blog posts are received by a large audience (usually) and because of that, depending on the person they can be informal or formal. The tone, for me at least is formal as shown by my choice of words. The purpose of the blog posts I've written is for school, usually to respond to a prompt, such as this one.
Thus each genre we choose to write for and the tone we use can drastically change the message we get across to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment